How to ... add sound to PowerPoint
If you haven't looked at the first PowerPoint tutorial, and you aren't too confident using it, I would advise you to look at this link: How to make PowerPoint animation - there's a little bit of 'custom animation' necessary here.
Oh, and in case you wonder why you can't hear the clip art sounds - my screen recorder only picked up my voice - I could hear the sounds, but you can't!!! If I have time, I might re-record it to see if I can include the barking and miaowing.
- And here is a quick step-by-step reminder of my instructions in case it was too fast:
- Go to "insert" and choose "clip art".
- In the clip art menu, select "results should be" and check the 'sounds' box.
- Click on your sound you like to add it to the slide.
- Click "automatically" if you want the sound to start when the slide starts.
- Or, click "when clicked" if you want to control the sound.
- Go to "animations" then "custom animation".
- Either: click on the .wav file in the right menu, and select "timing" and choose a different trigger.
- Or: add animation to a picture on the slide, click on it in the right menu, select "effect options" and then choose your sound.