How to ... make your own PowerPoint multiple choice quiz
Watch the clip below for instructions on how to make a multiple choice quiz for your learners in PowerPoint. I usually print out a handout with 6 slides to a page for the students. I do a demonstration of the first question as a whole class, then the students work in teams on the other questions. Finally, we get feedback using the PowerPoint as a whole class - you could give students cards with A, B, C and D to hold up to show their answers.
And here is a quick step-by-step summary of my instructions in case it was too fast:
- Type your question into a text box (from the insert menu).
- Create a shape for your answer (insert, shape). Right click on it and select 'edit text' to add an answer.
- Click on 'animation' and select 'custom animation'.
- Click on your shape, then 'add effect', then 'emphasis' and choose 'change fill colour'.
- In the custom animation menu (on the right), click the down arrow for your shape and select 'timing'. Choose a trigger to 'start effect on click of (your shape)'.
- Now copy, paste and arrange your answer boxes.
- Finally, change the colour for the right answer by clicking on it, and changing the fill colour in the custom animation menu.